“Projects from end to end”
This offer focusses on the development and expansion of production competencies and capacities until the transfer to the regular organization.
Essential elements in industrialization projects are:
- Process engineering
- Supply chain development and qualification
- Professional project management
- Competitiveness is strengthened
- Production capacity is available
- Manufacturing competence is developed
- The supply chain is established
Typical areas of application are:
- Building up manufacturing expertise for new products and it`s supply chain.
- Development of local or international manufacturing capacities and it`s supply chain.
- Production relocations e.g. local content demand or development of new regions globally.
- Integration of vertical integration to optimize costs or increase competitiveness
Thus, these projects have an important strategic component. The decision to industrialize products goes along with establishing itself competitively on the market with these products. Mistakes can sometimes be very costly and non-compliance with delivery commitments can lead to customer dissatisfaction and high penalty demands.
Therefore it is important to perform these kind of projects with a professional project management approach and by well skilled project managers.
My project management approach is based on a well tried and tested agile 3 phase model.
- During the initiation phase of the project, the cornerstones for the project are determined, variants well thought out and the first rough concepts are described. A business plan or project budget for orientation is developed, project risks are collected and evaluated. A final time schedule is defined and the project initiation phase can be finished with a presentation to the board members to ensure an approval.
- During the execution phase, small teams determine the implementation steps. The work packages are manageable, so progress is more transparent, deviations are quickly identified and can be corrected in short cycles. This greatly increases the implementation quality and speed and avoids at the same time a cost explosion due to subsequent corrections and expensive adjustments. The execution phase ends with the approval of the defined measures during a trial run. The official handover to the regular organisation can take place.
- During the handover phase, the regular organization is still supported by the project members in the application, lessons learned are held and these project as well as the documentation are completed.
How Lean Principles are considered in the Project:
Even in a very early stage of the project, lean principles are considered in the process engineering and the design of the supply chain. The results are reflected in the overall performance of the process e.g.
- Robust ramp up curve
- Productivity speed matters
- Low stocklevel reduced working capital
- Space usage on the shopfloor is low
- High performance figures from the beginning,
Further Methods are used:
3p- workshops, standardized work, 5S, value stream mapping, line balancing, cycle time calculation, risk management like FMEA`s, design for manufacturing, material flow analysis, tpm, tco calk., toc analyze, pull system, business/budget plan, ….